1.03.2014

Hello New Year!

I look forward to this year in eager expectation- I feel that it is going to contain some great moments. Looking back over 2013 so much happened- new house, new jobs, graduation from school, new car, new church. Just so much new, and quite a bit of change and transition.

My word for this year is PEACE.

I am praying for a year of peace and contentment within our home. A year to establish ourselves a little more as a family and to establish ourselves in a community.  I long for a year to be still and listen to the Lord's voice as we continue to determine His longer term plan for our life in ministry. As I told Anna in one of our Skype dates- "A year of peace, no changes!"

Here are some goals that I have for this year- and I am excited!


  • Establish a financial plan for our family to include some long term savings and retirement goals 
  • Get actively involved in a church and small group within our city 
  • Go on a "trip of a lifetime" to celebrate our 2 years of marriage (Maryland and NYC here we come!) 
  • Plan 2 romantic weekend getaways 
  • Alter our lifestyle to become healthier and lose weight with a goal of losing 40 pounds this year 
  • See my family at least one time 
  • Run in 2 5ks- We already are registered for the RunOrDye 5k in March 
  • Memorize 10 passages of Scripture 
  • Read one book per month 
  • Create some emergency preparation for our family 
  • Add some creative and functional elements to each room to make our house a home 
  • Plant a vegetable garden
  • Develop 1 new friendship 
  • Maintain and expand my blog throughout the year
  • Organize and print family pictures, including our wedding photos (shame on me!) 
  • Adequately celebrate Zach's 24th and my 27th birthday as well as our TWO year anniversary 
  • Become involved in community outreach or volunteer program 
  • Invest in our second family vehicle to make it functional for our family
  • Prayerfully evaluate our next steps in our call to full time ministry 
I am sure I will add more over time but these are some things that I would like to see come to be this year. Again, I think that God has great things in store and I am anxiously approaching each day and month with excitement. Happy 2014! 






No comments:

Post a Comment