2.06.2014

Working on my fitness

One of our goals this year is getting back in shape, or even getting in the best shape of our life. Let me tell you, this is an uphill battle. Making smart food choices and choosing to exercise when I am tired and just want to relax is HARD.

But, we are working on it. What have we done in January to move toward this goal?

* Designated 4 workout days each week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. We have found that knowing ahead of time which days we will be working out prepares us mentally and helps better insure that we will actually make it to the gym.

* I started the Couch to 5K program. This is an app I downloaded to my phone that takes you from the couch to running/jogging a 5k distance in 9 weeks. This week was the beginning of my 5th week and I am walking/jogging a little over 2 miles in 30 minutes. I still have a ways to go but I am making progress! Only 50 days until our first 5k of the year! Let me tell you- I CAN NOT wait until warmer weather is here so that I can run outside.

* Hired a personal trainer to plan meals for our family. This is something we are still adjusting to. As both of us work outside the home and are gone around 13 hours a day for work alone planning healthy meals can be extremely difficult. When I get home I don't have the mental capacity to figure out what is healthy for us to eat. This trainer is helping with that! It takes a burden off knowing what's for dinner before I even get off work.

* We are also working towards designating in advance our "splurge" meals and/or days that we eat out. This way it is truly a treat and something to look forward to rather than a last minute indulgence.

I wish I could update you with an amount of weight I have lost- but I truly don't know. Shame on me. But, we have made some strides and are working on it day by day!


No comments:

Post a Comment