4.03.2014

RunOrDye 5k

Well, completed our first 5k ever. What an experience! It feels great to cross something off of my goal and bucket list with full intention of doing more 5ks in the future. We finished in about 45 minutes but did not jog the whole time- my fitness is not quite where we thought it would be at this point (and taking a month off the gym to be at the hospital didn't help either). BUT we did finish it, getting blasted with colored dye the whole way. And, we particularly loved the color throwing dance party at the finish line.

We loved it so much that we are already signed up for our second 5k of the year next week. This 5K will be in support of Landon Shaw as he is battling stage 4 brain cancer.



Have I mentioned what a joy it is to have a husband that stands beside me in everything? Even silly, ridiculous desires of my heart. It is overwhelming to be loved by someone so wonderful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment