6.19.2014

JOY

This month I am fighting for joy. Trying to choose joy can be hard- especially when life feels mundane. In this season Zach and I are searching for the more. Trusting that the Lord has a plan for us in this season and anxiously awaiting the next season. Learning that the Lord is more than enough even in the seasons where my selfishness is craving a change.

We have much to look forward to this summer and even this month. For starters it is my birthday month, which I will admit is much less fun now that I am inching closer to 30, so help me.  We also have not one but TWO vacations planned one of which includes seeing my family for the first time in 9 months and visiting with my dear friends and meeting their little Micah for the first time. And, its summer. Let’s get real, who doesn't love summer!? Save the heat, it is literally an awesome season. Cold is gone and the sun is shining. I count the days to the weekend where we can just do things outside together.

At my job recently there is a LOT of down time. For instance, I am writing this in my down time. And it causes me to question my time here and my purpose here. I know the Lord has a plan and I am choosing to trust Him in that, but it gets hard. Very hard. Driving close to 2 hours a day to and from work, now in separate vehicles from my love and getting home with barely enough energy to cook dinner let alone work out. Life gets mundane, and hard. It causes me to question the Lord’s purposes and timing. It makes it a challenge to find joy.

To fight this  every day this month I am choosing joy. One thing to thank the Lord for and cause me to praise Him just a little more. Lord, turn my thoughts to yours.


Some of the things that have brought me joy this month....


Having Brandon, Alyssa and Landon over for a pizza night at our house and not the hospital!

A fun day surprise date to the Zoo with Zach last Thursday 

Tossing a football in the backyard with my husband 

A schedule change that allows for a TAD more sleep in the mornings and extra time at lunch to work on my Bible study 

Finding an awesome church family to call home 

Free pizza day at work 

A coffee from Starbucks to start my early morning 

Seeing things begin to actually GROW in my garden! 

Zach getting up with me, 
when he doesn't have to,
 to help me get ready to go in the mornings 


I have a calendar alert that goes off each day at work reminding me to write down just one thing that brought me joy that day.... it helps. God is good. All the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment