5.14.2014

Gardening

World, I have found my new hobby: Gardening. I. Am. In. Love.

Seriously, did not see this coming.

It is so much fun! One of my resolutions this year was to try my hand at growing some veggies for our family. So, when spring (or maybe even a little before that because I was just too excited to wait any more) rolled around I begged Zach to take me to Lowes to start my project. Let me tell you, it was a project if there ever was one. I shoulda known that there is no such thing as ONE trip to a home improvement store. Nope. But, it was worth every trip for more seeds, or gloves, or rakes or the MULTIPLE trips we made because we underestimated the amount of dirt it takes to fill one vegetable bed. Seriously, we used like 45 bags of dirt, which is close to 1,000 bags. Who knew?! Not this girl.

But, I have my garden and it is growing. Now, if I could just keep my pesky dog out of it.

It was a family affair, always thankful for their help 




All planted: hoping for a harvest of lettuce, green onion, tomato, broccoli, green beans, peppers and one day avocados. 




 Avocado tree and tomato plant 



Our yard after many hours of labor cleaning out old and dead brush



We have some growth with the broccoli plants in the lead and pepper plants blooming! 





1 comment:

  1. You should check out this blogger she has lots of information about growing gardens and she is hilarious.

    http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/maybe-you-should-just-whip-the-frosting-instead/

    Leanna Thompson

    ReplyDelete