4.22.2015

Becoming a Mommy


Today is my last known day of being pregnant. Unless Miss Emmalynn, who seems to be full of surprises, decides to come on her own today I will be induced tomorrow. It is a strange feeling knowing exactly when pregnancy is coming to a close and a new chapter of being a mom is starting. The anticipation and anxious excitement in our house is at an all time high. We are so excited about this new chapter and also battling some anxiety of "Are we REALLY ready to be parents?" "Are we capable and able?" "Do we have ANY idea at all what in the world we are doing!?" The answer to these questions is no. On our own we are unable to do this task set before us. We have no idea what we are doing or how to be a mom or a dad. And, can anyone actually be ready to do something they have never done before? 

But, in the last few days of my maternity leave I have been resting in the peace of knowing that God is good. And that He has chosen Zach and I, unworthy as we are, to parent our daughter. He has hand picked us for this task and in that He has given us what we need moment by moment, day by day. On our own we are not capable of doing this, but with Him we are. We are so honored to have been chosen to parent this precious little girl that has been growing inside me for the last ten months. 

I can't believe she is almost here. The wiggles and squirms that we watch dance across my belly every night are going to come to life in our arms in just a few short hours. The face that we have seen on many ultrasounds is going to be looking at us so soon. I am so excited to smother your face with kisses little girl and to finally hold you in my arms! We can't wait to start this adventure of being a family of 3. 

With pregnancy coming to a close and knowing that every facet of our life is getting ready to change it has caused me to do a lot of reflection and spend a lot of time mulling over memories. Zach and I will have been married 3 years this June. While I am so excited to begin this new chapter I am also forever thankful for the one that is coming to a close- life as 2. Zach, I have come to love you in a deeper way than I thought possible almost 3 years ago when I said "I do". I have loved every second of my life with you- from the hard things that I wish we didn't have to experience to loving this awesome life God has blessed us with. In the last 10 months of my pregnancy you have been my biggest supporter and greatest friend I could ever want. Pregnancy has been quite the journey and you have never left my side. To bringing me water and holding me as I cried when I got sick nearly every single day for 3 months, to rubbing my back and hips (which is often now!), sitting up with me when I can't sleep at night, picking up extra chores around the house, cooking dinner and forcing me to start maternity leave early because you knew I needed to- you are my prince charming. Thank you for all the things you have done that have gone unnoticed by others as all the attention has been on my growing belly. You love me the way Christ loves the Church. When our daughter looks at you she will see the greatest example of a Godly man and you are setting the bar high for whoever steals her heart one day. Thank you for all you do for our family. I love you forever. I cherish all the memories we have made during this season as 2 and I can't wait for the many, many more memories that are yet to come as we become a mom and dad!

Tomorrow life as we know it changes forever, and I can't wait! Emmalynn, hurry on up little girl, you have a lot of people ready to meet you and love on you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment