6.03.2015

One month

I cannot believe that I am the mom of an almost 6 week old little girl. They always tell you that time flies once you have a baby and I am learning how true that is every day. I have loved being a mom. It certainly has its challenges as Zach and I navigate what our new life looks like with me being a full time stay at home mommy. On days that are harder than others and Emmy just doesn't want to be put down or when her acid re-flux causes her pain and tears are her only consolation I remind myself how fleeting time is. How you blink and 6 weeks have already flown by. Those reminders help me to slow down and try not to worry about the dirty floor and the mountain of laundry and just cuddle her close and be her comfort. To snuggle her and pray for her little mind, heart and soul. To dream about her future and our life home together as mommy and daughter. Every day is a precious gift and as a friend once said "Little doesn't last forever". 
In this season of stay at home mommy hood I have so many hopes and dreams for our time. 
I want to be a memory maker and fill our home with laughter, creativity and fun. 
I want to set our family up for success with priorities that matter like time with the Lord and each other.
I desire to set examples that will help shape Emmalynn's character in years to come. 
I want to carve out time for other people in our life and serving them whenever we can. 
What a blessing it is to stay home and raise this treasure.  To be honest, I don't know that I thought the day would ever come that I could stay home to raise a family. 
The Lord has been our Portion and Provision. 


One Month 
 I love to growl like a bear when I eat, listen to music, go on car rides 
and stretch my long legs and arms out after I nap.
 I'm super strong and love to lift my head to explore and I want to roll over. 
I'm getting better at sleeping at night but
 my favorite way to sleep is curled up on mom and dad's chests.

No comments:

Post a Comment