10.01.2015

Mommyhood

Look at this beautiful girl that I get to call my daughter! I am so beyond blessed to be her mommy and to stay home with her every day. As I am typing this I am watching my FIVE MONTH old play in her big girl bouncy seat. I can not believe how fast time goes! Everyone tells you that it will fly by, but experiencing that is a whole other story. Everyday she changes, grows and seems to learn something new. It is all so exciting and at the same time heart breaking in a way. As much as I long for her to grow I also long for time to stand still. The other night I almost had a break down thinking that one day soon we will see her LAST toothless grin. Trying my best to cherish and savor every moment, every smile, every cuddle and even every late night cry (and also praying that those late night cries are going to end soon!) 

After 5 months of staying home I feel like I have almost finally hit a groove and this whole thing isn't as overwhelming as it once was. I remember after she was first born worrying how I would get her in and out of the car to run an errand. You learn quick when you are a mom! I've also discovered just how much grace you need to give yourself each day. Grace to make mistakes and grace that says you are still learning. And when you allow yourself grace you can more easily give grace. Grace to your spouse and your child each day. Because, sometimes this parenting thing is HARD work. And by sometimes I mean a lot of the times. And we haven't even got to the hard stuff yet! But Jesus is so good and He tells me that in Him I am enough and through Him I can give grace and love even in those hard it's-3am-and-no-one-wants-to-be-awake-but-here-we-are moments. This has also given me such a different lens to view other moms by! I see them in the grocery store or at the park or wrestling to get their kids into the car and I want to say "You are doing so good!! Don't give up mama! Jesus sees you right here and even if no one else does, He does." 
We all need more grace.

I am so blessed. If you would have ever asked me if I would be a stay at home mom I would have probably said no. By God's grace here I am. He has provided for me to stay home for this season. And I am so lucky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment