11.16.2015

Lately

Sitting in a Starbucks tonight enjoying some much needed alone me time. Even though I am home full time now "me" time doesn't come often. I am blessed to have a husband who recognizes my need for alone time and pushes me out the door to get some. As I sit here tonight my heart and mind are just FULL. My thoughts seem jumbled. There has been so much going on lately and it makes it so hard to focus at times. Some things consuming my thoughts tonight are:

How do  I become a better mom? How do we raise Emmy and point her to the Cross each day- even though she is still so small?

Thankful for the awesome family pictures we were able to take this weekend!

Preparing in my mind a million to-do lists before our Thanksgiving trip to Vegas NEXT week

Feeling joyful that I will get to spend a whole week with my family and get to finally meet my niece. 

Thinking on the recent acts of terror worldwide and what our role as Christians is when it comes to refugees. Particularly the  Bible telling us to care for the least of these and not saying that the least of these are always the most safe people.

Amazed that next month is Christmas. My baby girl's first Christmas. And she will be 8 months old. Cue weeping. 

Asking continually God to show my family the next right step. Job. Place to live. Ministry. Life change. The next right thing in a list that seems a mile long. There seem to be so many options. Choosing the option that is most pleasing to the Lord can seem hard at times. 

Pondering my strengths and goals and desires and how they  need to be used more effectively for the Kingdom, my family and myself. 

Picturing my baby sleeping in her crib for a week today and how I took her pack and play out of our room this afternoon. How empty the room feels. But also how exciting it is that shes growing! Parenthood is full of so much emotion! Basically every other day is another new moment and emotion and experience. 

Looking forward to 2016 and all that it may bring. Many question marks. Many exciting things to come. 

Man.... being a woman sometimes is tough with this spaghetti brain. So many thoughts all the time. Thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment