12.15.2013

Day 13, 14 & 15

I have gotten a little behind this weekend with all the things we have been doing to prepare for Christmas thus my blog is behind! Only 10 more days, hard to believe. Where in the world has this year gone? 

I hope that in all the hustle and bustle that I am certain has overcome a part of your home that you have taken time to reflect on the meaning of this season and the cause for all our celebration. I hope that you have held your loved ones dear and praised the Lord for his many provisions and who He truly is. 

Here are a couple verses that are reminders of more characteristics of our God! 

Day 13- Gracious 

"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." Psalm 145:8

"The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin." Exodus 34:6-7a

I am so grateful for God's graciousness and that he is slow to be angry at me- because I deserve his wrath. I I agree with a friend of mine's tweet from earlier this week "The Gospel becomes more and more beautiful to me every time I fail."

Day 14- Author of the Word 

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16

The Lord has inspired every word of Scripture and He has provided it so that we will not be without instruction. In it we find guidance for life and the beautiful portrayal of the saving Gospel of Christ. 

"For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judged the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

Day 15- Light of the World 

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

When we choose to follow Christ we are able to walk in light. This world is overcome with sin and darkness but we are reminded that Christ is the light and He has overcome the sin that fills this earth. Just as He is light we are called to bear His light for all the world to see. (Matthew 5:14-16) 

As we move through this season let us remember why He came and our responsibility to the Gospel. Let's be a city on a hill for all to see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment