12.17.2013

Day 16

Our God is incomprehensible.

I am so thankful that I can not fully understand the ways of God. Sometimes I wish that I could. I wish that God's rational matched up with my own and that I could reason away every situation and circumstance or that I could guess what was coming next in life. But, what a glorious thing that His thinking is so far superior to our own and that His rationale does not begin to compare to the thoughts of man! How praiseworthy that His intentions are always for our good and His glory- even when it doesn't feel that way all the time.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than you ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9


"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." Isaiah 40:28


No comments:

Post a Comment